Lockers have been around for hundreds of years. In fact, historical data suggests that the first lock was created in ancient Egypt roughly 4,000 years ago. Nowadays, lockers are used across a wide variety of settings including offices, warehouses, schools and hospitals.
Most commonly, lockers are used to provide employees with a secure place to store their personal belongings. They help keep work environments clutter-free, enhance the employee experience, and improve workplace security.
Traditional lockers have plenty of benefits, but they also have limitations. In this blog, we will discuss the challenges of traditional lockers and how you can overcome them.
Challenges of traditional lockers
Manual locks and keys
Traditional lockers use keys, spreadsheets, and other manual processes. This is time-consuming and means that facility managers have to spend hours allocating lockers and managing their usage in the workplace.
Expensive to run
Replacing lost locks and keys is expensive and most traditional lockers also require costly maintenance and repairs over time.
Traditional lockers typically have a restrictive physical setup and poor accessibility. This means they are not well-suited to agile work environments such as hot-desking.
Lack of data
Most businesses manage traditional lockers via spreadsheets and other manual processes. This makes it difficult for companies to track locker usage which results in lockers being underutilised.
Solution: smart locker solutions
Traditional lockers have evolved over the years and adapted to suit the requirements of modern workplaces. Intelligent lockers utilise smart technology to automate locker management and create a seamless experience for users.
There is a variety of smart lockers available, but the most common systems are staff lockers, hot lockers, asset management lockers, and parcel lockers. Click here to learn more about the different smart lockers available.
Benefits of smart locker solutions
- Automate locker management: Smart locker software automates locker management, eliminating the need for manual locks, keys and spreadsheets.
- Boost productivity: Employees will have more time to focus on important business tasks when you automate locker allocation with smart technology.
- Minimise admin time: Our smart locker solutions have been shown to reduce the admin time associated with locker management by roughly 94%.
- Improve user experience: Our smart lockers give staff access to lockers via a secure, self-service solution. Your employees will have the freedom to pick a locker that suits their needs on a particular day.
- Increase security: Smart lockers are more secure than traditional lockers which helps to create a more secure work environment for your employees.
- Easy integration: At eLocker, we offer a cost-effective retrofitting service that allows you to transform your existing lockers into smart lockers. We simply replace your old locks with smart locks so you can enjoy a fully-automated locker system without being forced to replace your entire locker fleet.
Contact eLocker to find out more
Contact the specialists at eLocker if you would like to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to smart lockers. You can also visit our website to browse our products and find more information on our technology.